July 21, 2021
Rye Hill Church Family,
We are seeing a huge increase in COVID cases in Arkansas at this time. We have done our best to keep everyone safe as a church staff. We must let you know that four (4) of our youth have tested positive for the Corona D Virus this week after attending Youth Camp last week. All four are OK and only showing mild symptoms. Other youth and sponsors have been tested and have had negative results. Bro. Marty has contacted all the parents involved and has encouraged contact tracing. Please pray that these will be the only positive cases we experience in our church family. As a result of this, we will be changing up our Youth and Children’s Meeting to Zoom sessions for tonight. Our Adult Bible Study will go on at our regular time which is 6:30 p.m. We are also encouraging those effected to self-quarantine for ten (10) days. We realize that there is a lot of information out there, but having the vaccination is the best defense against the spread of this new variant of COVID-19. Sadly, this is the world in which we now live and operate.
Because of the cases we have seen in VBS and Youth Camp, we have decided not to go to Children’s Camp next week. We hate that this is a last minute decision, but the safety and health of our children and sponsors is too important to risk any more COVID cases. Please understand this is an extremely difficult decision to make, but we feel strongly that it is the right one. Several of our youth have younger siblings, so this also effected our decision. Again, it is not time to worry or panic; God has got this. Please just continue to pray for the situation. If we need to adjust our service and activity schedules down the road, then we will do so. If you have already brought food for Children’s Camp, you are welcome to come get it if you choose to do so. If not, we can use it for Children’s or other ministries. Please do not feel any pressure either way. Thank you so much for your continued support and understanding.